Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Traveling Woes!

After my love left, the kids and I made the decison to stick around for a few weeks to get adjusted to our life without daddy before heading to TN to visit family.  It was a very wise decision and here we are, in the place where I grew up, having the time of our lives.  Although, the drive here has made me swear off all traveling from here on out!

We arrived last Friday after almost 12 hrs on the road.  It does not take 12 hrs to get home, but on this paticular trip, it did.  Brother, decided that his bladder was unable to hold anything.  After being on the road for only 1 hr, brother is doing the potty dance in his booster seat.  I rush to the first exit with a bathroom.  That bathroom however,  was one and a half miles down the road.  I was not about to go down that far so I decided to do a U-turn and head back on to the interstate.  I quickly decided that the on ramp was hidden by alot of trees so I would just pull over there on the side and let brother pee.  Trying to be discreet, I leave the door open so we can hide behind it.  That is when my crazy dog decides to jump out of the car and take off.  So here I am, running around the side of the road, chasing a dog while brother is over there still peeing.  When I finally got the dog and brother back in the car, I find that the passenger seat is soaking wet.  You've got to be kidding me.  My other dog just peed in my seat.  After finally getting the nerve to lean down to smell, I realized the dogs had just spilled my water bottle.  Whew, I was just about in meltdown mode.

Brother had to stop to pee again 45 min later.  I learned had my lesson and found a gas station this time.  No matter what I did though, things just would not go smoothly.  The kid couldn't make it easy and sleep at the same time.  Nope, they had to do it the hard way.  There was never a moment when I wasn't fielding a thousand questions.  When both of the kids were awake, they would not stop bickering.  The dogs wouldn't lay down, no one could agree on what to eat for lunch, and I really just wanted my love to call me.  Finally, after what seemed like the longest 6hrs ever, we made it to Asheville which meant we only had 3 hrs more to go and I thought that was going to be to easy part.  I was proved totally wrong when traffic basically came to a screeching halt and we pretty much moved at a speed of 10mph for 17 miles.  That was off and on.  It took us two hours to go 17 miles.  Holy freaking cow.  These people were way to happy too.  All waving at each other and laughing while passing total strangers.  Now, I am usually a happy person but given the circumstances and the kind of day I had already had, the last thing I wanted was to chat it up with some total strangers while sitting in traffic for 2 hrs...soooooooo, after almost 12 hrs, I made it home.  I was moody and tired, but I made it home.

Since being home, I have been to a family reunion, had a day on the river, shot fireworks with the kids, spent the day with the in-laws, made two visits to two different funeral homes, and now I am about to get to see two of my most favorite kiddos.  My bestie D has a funeral to attend and I am going to keep her kiddos for her.  I can't wait!  We will be livin it up at the pool!  Now, if only my love would email or call.  That would be what I call a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment