Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feeling Great!

At the beginning of the year, I told myself it was time to lose weight.  I didn't feel right.  I was the biggest I had ever been and my blood pressure was up.  I was unable to figure out if my blood pressure was up because of my weight, anxiety, or because it runs in my family so I made a doctor appointment to discuss what he thought was going on.  After numerous visits back and forth for blood pressure checks, we decided that trying to lose weight to see what happened would be the first step we would take to try and figure this out.  So that is what I did.  I became a regular at the gym with my bestie and we even totured ourselves with a trainer that kicked our butts EVERY time we trained.  It has been a slow process, however I have seen results.  As of today, I have officially lost 26lbs.  Granted I chalk the last 10lbs up to this darn deployment that took my appetite away for a full 2 mths.  Either way, I feel so much better.  My appetite is slowly starting to creep back in so now it is my job to make sure that I keep this weight off.  That means getting back in the gym once the kids start back to school.

It's funny though, I like to say that I lost weight for myself.  I mean, I did lose weight for myself, however I also did it for my love.  He didn't ask me too.  He never would.  I just thought that would be what he wanted.  What guys doesn't like being able to show off his spouse, especially if she is HOT(That's not to say I think I am hot, I was just trying to get the point across).  My love has been around since I started the whole weight loss journey minus the last 2 mths.  When he left, I was weighing in at 147lbs.  Now, weighing in at 137lbs, I decided to tell him about my lack of appetite and the 10lbs I have dropped.  I figured I would get a sense of excitement from him.  Granted, he did tell me he was proud of me, but his response that followed left me feeling a little confused and laughing.  He says, "That is really good babe, but....you still have the goods though, right"?  Ummmm, yes love I still have my ass and boobs. 

Just to say I laughed would be an understatement.  I was completely and utterly cracking up.  I mean, coming from my husband, that comment was funny.  Anyone who knows him, knows why.  He is just not that forthcoming usually(unless he has beer in him....then that is a different story), which is why I was also confused.  I didn't know he thought so fondly of my ass and boobs.  He had mentioned it on a few drunk occasions but I thought it was just the beer talking.  I didn't realize he would actually be disappointed if I lost my assets.  Or, it could be the deployment talking.  I mean, he does have X amount of months till he comes home and we [mil spouses] know the affects that can have on the male brain.  Ahhhh, that makes me think about the homecoming.  I get butterflies just thinking about it. 

2 comments:

  1. i'm a mrs. b too! and i wanted to tell you, you will knock his socks off when he comes home! i lost 50lbs when hub was deployed, and when he got home a year later, he didn't recognize me at all! he misses my boobs sometimes, but he says he wouldn't trade my health and happiness for any boobs ;) good luck and great job taking control of your health! :)

    ReplyDelete